Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Traditional Chinese Medicine

For years now I have been intrigued about the process of discovering new medicines and treatments. Life experience also opened my eyes to alternative treatments. I certainly didnt turn my back on Western Medicine, but I was certainly willing to consider complimentary approaches.

A couple of years back in my professional life, I became aware of the historic use of herbs within traditional chinese medicine ('TCM'). I was impressed by the anecdotal evidence of benefits of certain herbs and became increasingly impressed by the admittedly limited work that had been done in the West on the medicinal benefits. There were however 2 main problems:

1. The extremely high cost of many herbs
2. The unreliability of the quality of many herbs on sale.

Luckily, I was introduced to a Professor who had addressed this by developing an innovative and natural way to grow Chinese herbs more economically and in a scalable fashion.

I threw myself into research and most importantly, I found that whilst the specific benefits had not yet been proven by Western Medicine, there seemed to be agreement about the lack of side effects of many of the herbs. As such, I started taking some myself. I focused on Cordyceps which is a foundation herb and has had many qualities reported ranging from increased energy to cancer fighting.

Bottom line I was impressed by my energy levels and my increased immunity to bugs that seemed to plague family and friends.

I am delighted to report that the combination of herbs I have been taking are now available at www.3cordyceps.com

The site has lots of info on the herbs and the benefits they offer. All I can report is that I believe in them and I am enormously excited about the prospects for the increased use of Chinese herbs as nutritional supplements and as medicines.

I'll be writing more on this subject soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment